Canine's Collar Leather Questions
Yes, our real Bovine leather is vegetable-tanned, imbued with natural waxes and oils and the surface is not sprayed with a synthetic sealant, allowing the leather to develop a beautiful patina finish. For best care, use a quality leather conditioner.
- Feather edge construction, each collar & leash involves a long process to achieve a smooth finish on the edges to avoid damaging the dog's hair and neck.
- We design all of our concepts from the ground up, rather than white labeling existing products.
- We choose materials that stand out and outlast. It costs more to do so, but the cost isn't as important as the value that doing so creates for our dogs.
- The natural premium leather that we use in our products are biodegradable.
- This real premium bovine leather used in our collars and leashes is made in the traditional style dating back to 1920. We love real, The Americans old style leather. We use full grain 100% bovine leather in each of our products, including collars, leashes, pup bags...
The bovine leather we use to make our products will scuff and mark as it is real leather. If you always want to keep a perfect finish, this is not the leather collar and leash for you. But, if you are after the perfect authentic leather patina, then this is absolutely the collar and leash for you.
- Should the Leather get wet or dirty, dry with a lint free, light-colored, absorbent cloth. Never use soap or solvents. Wipe away dirt with a warm damp cloth and leave to dry flat away from a heat source
- We recommend protecting the great quality of your product with a Leather Balsam.
No, our leather collar and leash MUST never go in the washer nor dryer..
Use leather conditioner to protect your new leather, rejuvenate old leather goods, or for a regular clean and polish on leather you use daily. Start with a very small amount, about the size of a grain of rice. With a clean cloth, gently spread the conditioner across the leather surface. Wipe up any excess conditioner that does not soak into the leather and gently buff with a clean cloth before use.
Test first with a small amount in a low-visibility area. This product may slightly darken light shades of leather.